Thursday 26 January 2012

Garnier Body, Intensive 7 Days body lotion

A few weeks ago I spotted the new Garnier Body lotion. There are 5 different lotions, each containing L-Bifidus (basically their own made up name for Lysate of Bifidus) I couldn't find anything from the Garnier website that told me exactly what this is, but I googled it and came to the conclusion it is a bacteria often found in pro-biotic yoghurts which has repairing and moisturising properties.



The 5 different lotions are; Moisturising Aloe Vera for normal skin, Calming Honey for sensitive skin, Nutritive Mango Oil for dry skin, Softening Cocoa Butter for rough skin and Nourishing Shea Butter for extra dry skin.

As you can see from the photo above I chose the Softening Cocoa Butter one, not just because my skin can be really rough (mostly on the back of my arms) but because I'm a sucker for anything that smells edible.

Garnier say; 
This lotion is right for you if you moisturise your body's skin everyday, but feel that it becomes quickly dehydrated throught the course of the day, making skin feel dry, rough and uneven in tone.

Conditioning Lotion is powered by L-Bifidus* and naturally-based Cocoa Butter, specifically chosen for the moisture needs of dry, rough skin. Use daily for hydration that goes on and on.
- Satiny, nourishing texture
-Fast absorbing
- Non-greasy

*Lysate of Bifidus

I have been using this lotion everyday for over a week now and have to say it is pretty darn good! The smell is AMAZING, it reminds me of chocolate chip muffins, mmmm! Everytime I put it on I have a good sniff. Even my youngest, Lily, commented that I smelt nice and asked if I'd been eating chocolate biscuits, haha.
The consistency isn't too thick but not runny either, a small amount goes quite far. It rubs in nicely without leaving a sticky or greasy feeling behind. I have noticed with other lotions that after showering the next day my skin becomes quite dry again, but with the Garnier 7 days lotion my skin is still pretty soft. I used this about half an hour ago all over my body except my face. It has sunken into the skin nicely, feels silky soft and is making me want to eat chocolate!

Previously I was a big fan of The Body Shop's body butters but  have to say I am now converted to Garnier 7 days. In my opinion, it smells nicer, results last longer, feels nicer on the skin and is way cheaper!

The Garnier 7 days range is available here currently on offer from £1.99

Have you tried anything from the Garnier 7 days range?





5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this in Canada yet but its on my "to-get"list now..lovely blog!

    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I've awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my blog for more deatils.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the lotion i always use and its fab
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got the honey one - its gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the worst winter dry skin, and hate spending tons of money on lotions, so I might have to give this one a try!! thanks for the great review!

    would love for you to check my site out if you get a moment, I'm also a mommy, of 3, with a makeup problem!!

    http://www.jennysuemakeup.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your comments and opinions.
Check back as I always reply :-)