Tuesday 27 March 2012

Rimmel 3 for 2 offer, what I bought & FOTD

Whilst browsing the make up stand in Sainsburys yesterday I couldn't resist the 3 for 2 offer on all Rimmel products. I really wanted to re-purchase my beloved pink blush lipstick and was keen to try out their new Wake me Up foundation. I then spotted their gel eyeliner so gave the tester a quick swatch. I really wish shops would provide tissues to wipe off all the swatches you do on your hand, I ended up walking round with a hand covered in lipsticks and eyeliner.
Here's what I came home with...

Left to right- Lasting Finish lipstick in pink blush, Wake me Up foundation in soft beige, waterproof gel eyeliner in black.


This is probably my all time favourite pink lipstick. It is so pigmented and creamy. 


I love how cute the little pot is, and how the brush sits in the lid.

My miserable mush wearing all three products.

So what do I think?
First off, the foundation... I was really excited to try this after seeing so many good reviews. To be honest, I'm not astounded. It's nothing I'd bother raving about. To me, its just another foundation that gives a dewy-ish finish. I wish I'd saved the money and bought the L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation that I posted about here instead.

Secondly, the eyeliner... When I swatched this in the shop I was really impressed, it was creamy and applied nicely with a cute little brush that sits in the lid. I did a small line on my hand and after giving it a few rubs it didn't come off.  I have scrubbed it with soap and water numerous times and showered but it won't budge. Definitely lives up to the waterproof claim! The only thing I don't like is when applied on the eyes it takes awhile to dry. I applied it then went and faffed in the bathroom only to find it had smudged on my eyelids :-( I used a babywipe to remove the mess and re-applied. I sat for a few minutes before making another move but it still smudged a little at the outer corners. Poop. I haven't had it on long so I can't comment on the longevity of it just yet.

Lastly, the lipstick. Like I said before, this is my all time favourite pink lippy. I love everything about it, the shade, pigmentation and creamy consistency. I could wear pink blush everyday and never get bored.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

Wake me Up foundation, currently on offer in Sainsburys for £8.99
Waterproof gel eyeliner, RRP £6.49
Lasting finish pink blush lipstick, RRP £4.99



2 comments:

  1. I really want to try a gel eyeliner, mines almost run out so I might give this one a go :)

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i love Pink Blush..its my go to pink lippie also :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your comments and opinions.
Check back as I always reply :-)