Saturday 3 March 2012

Nutella Bread Pudding

Hi Little Dragons, a different post today... food! I am such a dessert obsessive that when my friend bought me a slow cooker I straight away researched bread pudding and made this beauty... (well, it doesn't look like so much of a beauty here but believe me it tastes AMAZING!)

Mmmmm

I thought I'd share the recipe with you in case you fancied having ago yourself. I'm not sure how well this would turn out in a normal oven as I made this in a slow cooker/crock pot.

You will need-

230g butter
235 ml milk
115ml double cream
8 slices of day old bread, cubed. (If bread is fresh and squidgey the pudding can turn out a little soggy, although I quite like this!)
2 tsps of milk chocolate chips
4 large eggs
150 grams sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
60 grams Nutella

Method-

1. Grease the inside of your slow cooker with butter or baking spray and add the cubed bread.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a bowl standing in hot water (I find this easier than a microwave as I always tend to burn it!) Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Mix the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract and nutella in a large bowl.
4. Add the butter and chocolate chip mixture to the bowl and whisk until smooth (it might look quite runny, mine did, don't worry)
5. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes in the slow cooker and push down so the bread soaks it up.
6. Cook on low for approximately 3 hours.
7. Serve warm in a bowl sprinkled with chocolate chips and cream, yum yum!

I'll be honest, looking into the slow cooker all I saw was soggy bread and was convinced it was a disaster. Never the less, I scooped some into my bowl to find it wasn't so grim underneath the top layer. I sprinkled with chocolate chips and served with cream. It was gorgeous, maybe not the most pretty dessert but who cares when it tastes like heaven in a bowl?!

9 comments:

  1. I agree that this doesn't look very appetising but looking past that, it sounds like it tastes amazing! Definitely want to try it but I don't have a slow cooker :(

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM.... will definetly try this recipe :))

    http://audreystea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa doesn't look appealing but I bet it tastes great :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kind of pud, but have to admit when I first saw it I said out loud, yuk what's that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first reaction when I saw it in the slow cooker! x

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness i love love nutella!!! this sounds amazingly decadent and easy for a non-baker like myself to try out:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh! I am going to try this! Btw, I really enjoy your blog :)

    Marz
    www.hecticharmony.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreed it is not pretty to look at but who cares haha! I'm going to try this in the slow cooker this weekend...yum! xx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your comments and opinions.
Check back as I always reply :-)